Friday, 17 February 2017

Glossy Box: February

As I was scrolling through my posts the other day, I actually realised I hadn't updated you all on what I got in my Glossy Box this month! I honestly thought I'd uploaded it already but I've only took the picture! I have actually used pretty much everything so it will be a lot better as I can give you my honest opinions! If you're not sure what Glossy Box is, it's a box that I have subscribed to, paying £13.25 a month (including p+p). I then get a box delivered to my door each month containing different beauty products, giving me the opportunity to try out new things and see what I think of them. Want to know what's in the box? Keep reading!


Jeanne Arthes: L'Eau de Rose - I was so excited to see that Glossy Box had included a fragrance in their box as I'm always on the look out for new scents, as I can never just pick one. I would much rather spend my money on makeup than fragrance so I tend to get my faves for Christmas and because I get about 3/4 they last me the whole year (its great!). I love most of the cheaper ones such as Britney Spears and Katy Perry for literally like £20, and I do have a few favourites like Daisy by Marc Jacobs which I love to use in the summer, but this is such a fresh scent. I'm used to most of the fruity style scents so this was a nice change. It's a 30ml bottle, and to be fair I've used this pretty much every day since I've got it as I love it so much (I've actually used about a quarter) so I could run out of this very quickly so I may have to repurchase it! The 30ml retails at £20 and is available on Ebay (or the companies Facebook page)

LA Theorie Des Volcans: Face Scrub - This product has a big long name to it which I've cut down, but its basically a face scrub. It has a lovely scent to it and turns grey when it dries (it can also be used as a mask). I've used it twice and I'm happy with the results, but I've broken out really bad the past few days, so will maybe have to stop using it as it could be the cause. I really hope it isn't though, because it smells lovely and does a good job of removing dead skin cells and making my face super clean. It retails for £26, which is a bit on the pricey side and is available here.

Garnier Ultimate Blends: Treasures Strength Restorer Balm - I've used Ultimate Blends before (I like to change up when it comes to shampoo) and I did find it rather drying, but I don't think that will stop me from using this. I never really bother much with my hair, but still want to give it a try and hopefully I'll start to make more of an effort. I love just relaxing in the bath with my lush products, a good facemask and a good hair mask. I love using the ones which contain the Moroccan oil as it smells divine, but I'm still excited to give this a try. This is only a sample so for one use, but it retails for £4.49 for the tub (which isn't too bad) and is available at Boots.

Ciate London: Paint pot in Iced Frappe - I was so excited to see this in the box as I literally purchased a top with my New Look gift card a few weeks ago which is literally the same colour. I painted my nails this colour after taking off my press on nails (see the review here) and I've been loving it ever since. I haven't had any problems so far apart from my nails need some TLC (as always) but I've been loving the colour and how well it's stayed on, as I've never tried anything from Ciate before. I will definitely be looking at more colours and the packaging is just so cute, right? This retails for £9 (which I think is sooo expensive for nail varnish but it's a good one) and can be purchased here. After looking on the website to post the link I didn't realise they did makeup so I'm definitely looking to try that out as the packaging is INSANE and looks so high end!

Mememe: Beat the blues - Last but not least, we have this perfect skin illuminator in Oyster Gold. Its a gorgeous colour that is very subtle on the skin and offers an all over complexion boost. I am yet to try it mixed in with my base but will definitely be trying that out soon. It gives a lovely reflection and sits comfortably on the skin, so is definitely something that I will carry on using! It retails at £7.25 and can be purchased here. It took me a while to realise it was 'me me me' I kept pronouncing it as 'me meme' *slaps face*, is this even right? Anyway, I love it! I will be checking out more of their products with how affordable they are! 

What products do you like the look of? Will you be looking to purchase some?
Be sure to check out www.glossybox.co.uk to get yours!

Thanks for reading,

Georgia x

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Glossy Box, thank you for introducing me to it! The nail varnish is a gorgeous colour. £13.25 isn't too much to pay either. You might have convinced me haha x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try Glossy Box, but never been sure, I didn't realise they included fragrances as well though! Might have to make a subscription...

    ReplyDelete